Facts and Figures - Maryland Geography
Earthquakes and Geohazards
Fossils and Dinosaurs
- Shoreline Change Map Data for Tidewater Maryland
- High-Resolution Shoreline Map Data for Tidewater Maryland
- Sediment Processes in the Chesapeake Bay and Watershed
- Baystat: Tracking the Chesapeake Bay's Health
- Eyes on the Bay: Live monitoring data from around the Chesapeake Bay
- MGS Coastal Geology Program
Caves and Karst Terrain
The MGS Library is open by appointment only from 12pm (noon) until 4:30pm Monday – Friday. To ensure that a Survey employee is available to assist you, please contact Dale Shelton (410-554-5505 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Katie Offerman (410-554-5543 or email@example.com) at least two days before your intended visit to schedule an appointment. In order for us to better serve you, let us know in advance about your interests.
DNR Wildlife Trunks
Wildlife Education Trunks are available for checkout at the Maryland Geological Survey (MGS) in Baltimore City. The trunks available at MGS include:
- White-tailed deer
- Black bear
- Furbearer (14 species of mammals from foxes to raccoons)
- Wild turkey
- Growing Up WILD- early childhood kits
- Project EduBat Trunk - learn about bats (new for 2015!)
Trunks can be loaned for up to 2 weeks at a time, pending availability. Persons reserving the trunk will be responsible for picking up and returning the trunk to MGS. Proof of ID is required upon picking up the trunk. For directions/maps to MGS click here.
For information on the trunk contents as well as additional trunk locations, please check this DNR webpage.
To reserve a trunk from the MGS location, please contact:
Office phone: 410-554-5522